Louisville-based attorney Michael Marks focuses his practice on helping people with matters of bankruptcy and consumer protection law. By representing families in both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filings, Michael is a skilled and intelligent lawyer who uses his knowledge of bankruptcy law to help his clients find stability and rebuild their financial lives. Michael is admitted to practice law in Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Eastern District of Kentucky and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
Michael joined the Louisville firm of Wetterer & Clare after graduating from the University of Louisville’s Brandeis School of Law.
Born and raised in Utah, Michael attended Utah State University and graduated with Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and Economics. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Michael is married to Krystal Marks and has three daughters and one son.
To speak with Michael about your options when filing for personal bankruptcy, call 502-451-3030. Offering attentive, individual service, we provide free initial consultations to better understand your story. You can reach us by phone or email. After-hours and weekend appointments are available.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Bankruptcy
- 15% Real Estate
- 10% Estate Planning & Administration
- Kentucky, 2013
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2015
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Utah State University, Logan, Utah
- Major: Finance & Economics
- English (Primary)